1 ripe banana
1 tbsp. all natural honey
4 tbsp ground oats
For oily skin: substitute pro-biotic yogurt for honey, and add a few drops of lemon juice.
ALL NATURAL BANANA HONEY FACIAL MASK
1. Mash the ripe banana until it has a smooth texture. Banana is a natural moisturizer that helps the skin rebuild its own moisture level.
2. Add natural honey. Honey is a natural humectant, and has been used as a natural remedy for centuries for a variety of ailments. It is known to be anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and to reduce swelling in wounds.
3. Stir in the ground oats and enough water so that the face mask has a creamy consistency. The oatmeal in the mask helps exfoliate the skin, removing dirt and dead skin cells.
4. Peel and slice two pieces of cucumber. Cucumber has natural nourishing, hydrating and astringent properties. Using cucumber as part of the face mask helps to restore the natural protective acid levels of the skin.
5. Wash your face with warm water and pat dry.
6. Apply the banana face mask evenly to your face and neck and place the cucumber slices over your eyes.
7. Relax for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing the mask off with warm water.