During this unusual time, I don’t know anyone who isn’t dealing with challenges, uncertainty, and modest to more significant levels of anxiety. We can only sit patiently with faith that this pandemic will pass soon, while maintaining health, peace of mind, staying calm and getting restful sleep.
One positive thing we can extract from this period is that most of us actually have the time to do some work on ourselves. Life is always stressful, but usually there is the excuse of being too busy to not take the right actions of living better. Right now, try to see this as a reprieve from the outside world to focus on inner healing.
Here are some additional relaxation tips to use during stressful times such as these:
There are supplements I use as part of my own regimen that can be very useful in promoting calm, relaxation and sleep quality. If you can take them daily as part of your routine, beneficial effects may occur shortly after use.
1. Ashwaganda is an ancient Ayurvedic herb. It is an adaptogen, meaning that it can help your body adapt to stress and properly normalize. Ashwaganda helps to reduce the stress hormone cortisol, regulates the neurotransmitter norepinephrine, enhances GABA receptors and serotonin in the brain to help your mood and also improves quality of sleep.
2. Zen Sleep by Allergy Research Group is a combination of GABA, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P), 5-HTP, (the precursor to serotonin and melatonin) and Theanine which is a calming amino acid extracted from green tea. This combination helps with falling asleep and achieving restful sleep.
3. Muse is an EEG device you wear on your head that looks like a pair of dark glasses. It interprets your brain waves to make you aware of your mental state and helps to calm your mental activity. When your mind is calm and settled, you’ll hear peaceful weather. As it drifts and becomes overactive, you’ll hear stormy weather and it signals you back to your breath.
4. Oura Ring is a wearable device that can help sense stress imbalances and sleep disturbances. It monitors your pulse, movement and temperature. When wearing this ring you can even see your body’s autonomic nervous system balance and reduce stress by monitoring your heart rate availability. It’s also not bulky and you can keep it on all day.
5. NuCalm was originally invented to treat PTSD and addiction. It comes with a headset of unique binaural beets that allows you to rest better and has a vagal nerve stimulator. While you are listening, it puts you into alpha and gamma relaxful states. Its technology also blocks out light and leaves you feeling as if you just came out of a deep sleep or meditation.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in learning more, we are still available for appointments, so schedule today. Please schedule below or contact us by email: email@example.com or phone: 917-924-5176.